- TOTAL TIME
- 40 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 30 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 10 minutes
- 8 servings
- Excellent (sauce only)
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower or other neutral-tasting vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mild yellow curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 of a 400 ml can coconut milk (200 ml in total – stir well)
- 3/4 – 1 cup (175-250 ml) Veggemo Original
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) natural smooth peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) light agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (or to taste)
- 1 – 2 tsp (5 – 10 ml) sambal oelek (chili paste) (or to taste)
- Noodles & Vegetables
- Sunflower or other neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 8 cups (2 L) assorted fresh vegetables, sliced, e.g., onions, red and yellow peppers, snow peas, baby eggplant, baby bok choy, and cremini, king oyster and shiitake mushrooms
- 8 cups (2 L) cooked udon noodles (or other thick noodles)
- Green onions, sliced
- Thinly sliced red Thai chilies
1. Sauce Ingredients: Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until smooth and thickened. Puree in pot with immersion blender, if desired. Adjust seasoning.
2. Noodles & Vegetables: Heat oil in very large pan over medium-high heat (add enough oil to coat bottom of pan). Add vegetables and saute until tender-crisp. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in sauce and noodles and adjust seasoning. Garnish as desired.
Udon noodles can be found in most Asian grocery stores or in the Asian section of larger supermarkets.
Make double the sauce and freeze leftovers for use another day.
If saucy noodles get too thick, add a bit of Veggemo.
Also delicious served with rice.