- TOTAL TIME
- 25 minutes
- PREP TIME
- 5 minutes
- COOK TIME
- 20 minutes
- About 8 pancakes
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Veggemo Vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted margarine
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) cake and pastry flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- Sunflower or other neutral-tasting vegetable oil, for cooking
- Fresh berries and maple syrup
1. Mix Veggemo, margarine, eggs and vinegar together in a small bowl.
2. Sift both flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together into a large bowl. Whisk in wet mixture just until mixed.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with oil. Pour about 1/3 cup (75 ml) batter into pan and cook until lots of bubbles appear on the surface and bottom is lightly browned. Flip with a spatula and cook until pancakes are set and lightly browned on the other side. Garnish as desired.
Using half cake and pastry flour makes a lighter pancake, but try any combination of flours you like!