- TOTAL TIME
- 1 hour
- PREP TIME
- 15 minutes
- BAKE TIME
- 45 minutes
- Two 8- x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaves
- VEGGEMO FLAVOUR
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 cups (500 ml) mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Veggemo Vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sunflower or other neutral-tasting vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In large bowl, sift together Dry Ingredient together.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat all Wet Ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth. On low speed, fold in Dry Ingredients just until mixed.
4. Divide batter between two parchment paper–lined 8- x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pans; bake until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto racks; let cool completely.
Loaf pans vary in size, so use what you have on hand. Just start checking for doneness (with the toothpick) at about 35 minutes.
May also be baked in one Bundt pan – grease pan before using. (These vary in size, too, so keep checking for doneness.)